Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feckless and Vapid - words I don't hear a lot!

The two words above are words that are seldom used, but I think they sound so interesting.  I am going to attempt to use them in this post.  I have no idea what I will post about.

Let's see, today was the Super Bowl.  I really was against the majority in that I wanted to see Payton Manning and The Colts win.  I just kind of like him.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to get to like Drew Breese.  I also like Austin Collie, who is a first year Colts receiver, just over from BYU, my hometown college team! The first quarter looked really promising for the Colts.  A touchdown and no answer from The Saints except a field goal.  But then the momentum changed and I felt it.  That is something I'm good at.  I can feel which team has got the momentum going for it at about the middle of the 2nd quarter.  I tend to lose interest after that if my team doesn't have it going on by then.  Of course, there are always the rare surprises, so in the important games, I'll hang around for the whole thing.  I pretty much watched the whole thing this evening, if only for the commercials and the food that was prepared, mainly by moi!

I think that the E*Trade Commercials are hands-down the best ones, making a lot of those $2 million commercials look dull and vapid in comparison.  Those little man babies are adorable!  I seriously think my husband should look like one of those babies, because he acts so much like a baby sometimes, (especially when he has a widdle cowd or needs praise or sympathy). You know I love you, honey, and I have plenty of both praise and sympathy to give you (along with my most welcome constructive comments that you love so much)!

Yes, unfortunately, the mighty Colts offense turned into a feckless attempt to turn around a hungry and focused New Orleans Saints team.  Drew Breese, who some felt was another gun-slingin' (think Brett Favre), quarterback who makes sometimes desperate pass attempts that are at times intercepted, turned out to tie a super bowl record, making 32 pass completions, the same as the Patriot's Tom Brady in Super Bowl 2003 against the Carolina Panthers. Not too shabby!

Well there you have it.  My attempt to use within my post two interesting words that I don't hear too often!  Try it sometime!  Pick a couple of words that you think are unusual and then just start writing.  It can be a real shake-up to your writing style!  It's also quite fun!  Let me know if you get some interesting results!

10 comments:

Chastina said...

We were going to watch the superbowl but our kids asked to watch America's Funniest Videos.

Great usage of your two words!

Robin said...

I agree ..I love the etrade ones..Have Great day..!

A GAL NEEDS... said...

Thanks Chastina-sounds like you need a dvr or a tivo :)and thanks to you Robin!

Richard & Natalie said...

What a sad Super Bowl. Dallin was in tears...

I love the idea of using less common words to make your posts interesting and expand your vocabulary. I will have to see what words I can come up with to use.

A GAL NEEDS... said...

Natalie, your posts are so interesting and wonderful as it is! But it is really fun, I must say, when you've got some time on your hands.

christy rose said...

This was a cool way to do a post! Returning the visit from Friday Follow!

Teachinfourth said...

Good job in integrating your words...

le Chef said...

Following back! Your word use is great - look forward to more :)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes love the words, I like to know about words, and great post.
kim

Kim Crouch (AWIN) said...

Ok why do you have to use these two words? This was just too funny trying to hear you use them.