Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wounded - Not Beyond Repair




My soul took a casualty, a major beatdown.....again. Certainly not the first!
It came out of nowhere and shook me to the core.
And yet, in a strange way it was also an answer to my prayers.


My weather-beaten, battle-scarred soul has yet another deep cut, etched out of sorrow and sin. Is it worth the pain? Is peace, tranquility and serene preparation grounds for someone else, someone else indeed, a fitting trade? (I didn't know I was the one who would have to pay...)
That's OK.



This tough, calloused, bruised soul has taken hits before and of this, at least, I'm sure. I'll come out yet again in triumph.....even more in debt and humble gratitude
to Him who conquered all.

1 comment:

A Utah Foster Parent said...

Helena, not only do I love the pictures that go with this entry, but the poetic words are awesome! Did you take the pictures or find them online? You are a gifted writer, my friend. (thank you for your kind words on my blog, too!) I miss you. nance